Fri, Nov 03|
Wilderness Remote First Aid
Time & Location
Nov 03, 1:00 PM – Nov 05, 5:00 PM
Cabelas, Cabela Dr, Kansas City, KS 66111, USA
About the event
Join Wander Woman and the American Red Cross for a weekend learning First Aid.
This three day class will cover First Aid and CPR/AED training you to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illness, CPR/AED training you to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies, and First Aid training you to identify and respond to common sudden illnesses such as seizures, strokes, allergic reactions, poisoning and diabetic emergencies.
Saturday and Sunday will cover Wilderness and Remote First Aid. This program is appropriate for audiences from youth-serving organizations as well as adults who participate in outdoor recreational activities or who work in wilderness or remote settings where EMS response is more than 1 hour away. The Wilderness and Remote First Aid program emphasizes experiential learning and major portions of the course are meant to be taught in outdoor settings.
Things to know:
- First aid/CPR/AED is a prerequisite for Wilderness Remote First Aid (non-negotiable). If you are already First aid/CPR/AED certified, please email your information to email@example.com.
- Certification will be provided upon completion of classes. It is a 2-year certification.
- BYO Lunch, snacks, and drinks for all three days.
- Dress and plan accordingly for the outdoor portion and anticipate high temperatures.
- A notepad and pen are suggested.
- Friday July 21 - First aid/CPR/AED - Indoors Classroom 1:00PM-6:00PM
- Saturday, July 22 - Wilderness Remote First Aid - Indoors Classroom 9:00AM - 6:00PM
- Sunday, July 23 - Wilderness Remote First Aid - Outdoors Class 9:00AM - 6:00PM
CANCELLATION POLICY: Entire fee is due prior to Friday July 21, 2023. You may cancel for a full refund up to June 6, 2023. If you cancel after June 6, 2023 you are eligible for a refund only if your spot can be filled by another participant.