Wander Woman Catfish & Crappie Clinic
Time & Location
About the Event
Wander Woman's next adventure will provde you the skills to identify and catch catfish and crappie by boat. There will be a short class on tackle and how to rig your pole. After a day of fishing we will come together to learn to fillet your catch.
Details to prepare for this event:
- You will either need to pay the $5 admittance fee to the state park or an annual KDWPT issued State Parking permit for $25 (admits you to any state park, anytime).
- You will need a Kansas Fishing license.
- $27.50 for an annual Kansas resident license.
- $14.50 for a single day non-resident license.
- $52.50 for an annual non-resident license.
- Tackle and rods will be provided, but feel free to bring your own.
- Life jackets will be provided.
- Waterproof boots are a good idea, but be sure they are not big and heavy. They could weigh you down if you fell in.
- Outdoor clothing for the wet and potentially cold day on the water.
- Rain jacket, hat, gloves or fingerless gloves, hand warmers.
- Refillable drinking bottle.
- Extra set of clothes in case you get wet.
- Ziploc bags and cooler to transport your catch home.
- Fillet knife, pocketknife, or multi-tool.