Talking Turkey with Wander Woman KS
Time & Location
About the Event
Turkey hunting 101 with Wander Woman KS.
This clinic will cover topics to prepare you for turkey season and an upcoming Wander Woman guided turkey hunt.
*YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE APRIL 11, 2020 TURKEY CLINIC TO BE ELIGIBLE TO GO ON THE GUIDED HUNT*
Topics covered during this clinic include turkey biology, turkey hunting regulations, calling techniques, scouting, hunting gear, where to aim, and turkey identification.
We will then travel to Fancy Creek shooting range to pattern your shotguns.
Things you will need for this clinic:
- Earplugs (Required)
- Shooting Glasses (Required)
- #2-9 shotshells (#4-6 is recommended) - Suggest bringing multiple sizes to see what is best for you.
- Pheasant & Duck loads in #4-6 will also suffice for turkey hunting.
- If you are shooting lighter steal loads be sure your choke tube is rated for steel shot, if you are unsure bring lead shot.
- Be sure your shell length is compatible with your shotgun. It will be written on the barrel of your gun.
- Full choke or Extra Full choke tube (Make sure the choke is correct for your gun)
- Shoulder pads or limb saver buttstock pads to absorb some shotgun recoil - Not required.
Please leave your gun unloaded in your car until instructed to take your gun out.